2011: Serves as a back-up defensive end on the Lions’ stout defensive line rotation. Has 11 tackles, 2 sacks and 1 pass defense.
- Recorded first-career tackle in Lions' season opener at Tampa Bay (9/11).
- Hammered a nail into the Lions comeback win when he registered a 10-yard sack with :35 left to play in the fourth quarter. The Cowboys snapped the ball at the Lions 45-yard line and were moved back to the Dallas 45-yard line. It was his first career sack and he recorded a career single-game high 2 tackles on the day.(9/11).
- Registered his second sack of the season, and for the second-straight game, in the Lions 24-13 win over Chicago (10/10). Also had 3 tackles in the game.
- Inactive with a calf injury vs. Atlanta (10/23).
- Recorded two solo tackles at Denver (10/30).
- Inactive with an ankle injury vs. Carolina (11/20).
2010: Served as a back-up defensive end. Appeared in two games during his rookie season.
- Inactive for season opener at Chicago (9/12), against Philadelphia (9/19), at Minnesota (9/26) at Green Bay (10/3) against St. Louis (10/10), at New York Giants (10/17), against Washington (10/31), against New York Jets (11/7), at Dallas (11/21), against New England (11/25), against Chicago (12/5), against Green Bay (12/12), at Tampa Bay (12/19) and at Miami (12/26).
- Played in first game of his career, primarily on special teams, at Buffalo (11/14).
COLLEGE: Started 36-of-49 games at North Carolina State, including 28 at right defensive end and eight more on the left side. Recorded 194 tackles (109 solos) with 20.0 sacks for minus 140 yards, 46.0 stops for losses totaling 235 yards and 29 pressures. Caused four fumbles and recovered two others. Deflected 11 passes and intercepted three others for 42 yards in returns, including a touchdown. Young became just the sixth player in school history to register 20.0 sacks during a career, joining Mario Williams (25.5, 2003-05), Tyler Lawrence (24.0, 1990-93), Carl Reeves (22.5, 1991-94), Manny Lawson (21.0, 2002-05) and Mike Jones (21.0, 1987-90).
- Young's eight sacks in 2009 tied for seventh place on the school's season-record chart.
- One of five Wolfpack defenders to record at least 40 tackles for loss in a career, as only Mario Williams (55.5, 2003-05) had more than Young's 46.0 on the school's all-time record chart.
- His 15 stops for loss in 2007 tied Levar Fisher (2000), Pat Thomas (2003) and Mario Williams (2004) for seventh on State's season-record list.
2009: Second-team All-ACC selection. Started all 12 games for the first time during his career, leading the team in sacks and tackles for loss. Finished sixth on the squad with 54 tackles (32 solos). His eight sacks for minus 56 yards ranked third in the ACC and tied for 35th in the nation. Also finished third in the conference and tied for 37th in the major college ranks with 14.0 stops for losses totaling 85 yards. Had three pressures, 2 forced fumbles and 3 pass defense, also recorded first career interception.
- Made 52 plays vs. the ground game, allowing 43 yards and just four first downs (0.83 yards per carry), as he made four third-down tackles and stopped ball carriers for no gain eight times.
- Posted three more third-down hits on passing plays and registered 12 tackles inside the red zone, including seven on goal line plays.
- Served as one of the team's three captains, participating in 526 defensive snaps.
2008: Started 11 of 13 games at right defensive end. Participated in a career-best 608 plays, as he led the team with 6.5 sacks for minus 51 yards and 12.5 stops for losses of 72 yards. Also paced the Pack with 10 pressures. Recovered two fumbles, blocked a kick, intercepted one pass and deflected four others.
- Had three sacks, 6.5 stops for loss and seven pressures in the final five games after returning to the lineup from his benching.
2007: Played in all 12 games, starting the final eight contests at left defensive end. Saw action in 590 snaps, leading the team with 5.5 sacks for minus 33 yards. His team-high 15.0 stops for losses of 66 yards are the second-highest total by a sophomore in school annals and ranked fourth in the ACC. Credited with 11 pressures, as he caused 2 fumbles and 3 pass defenses.
2006: Saw action in all 12 games, started five contests, including the last four of the season while sharing right defensive end duties with Martrel Brown. Recorded five quarterback pressures with 4.5 stops for losses of 12 yards and 44 tackles (24 solos).
- Turned his first career interception into a 34-yard touchdown return vs. Clemson. Also added a pass defensed.
2005: Red-shirted while competing on the scout team as a defensive end. Originally signed with the Pack in 2004, but attended prep school in the fall before enrolling back at State in January, 2005.
HIGH SCHOOL AND PERSONAL: Attended Palm Beach (Fla.) Gardens Community High School, where the three-sport standout competed in football, basketball and track. First-team Class 6A All-State pick, as the defensive end recorded 65 tackles, including 25 for loss, and had 12.0 sacks as a senior.
- Made 60 tackles, 15 stops behind the line of scrimmage and nine sacks as a junior.
- Received a three-star prospect rating from Scout.com. In basketball, Young averaged 10 points and 12 rebounds per game in his final season.
- Despite not joining the track team until midway through the season, he finished fourth at the state 4A meet in the high jump.
- Earned his degree in Science and Technology.
- Born September 19, 1985.
- Resides in Riviera Beach, Florida.
YOUNG'S SINGLE-GAME BESTS:
- Tackles: 3 vs. Chi 10/10/11
- Sacks: 1.0 (twice) Last vs. Chi 10/10/11
- Sack Yards: 10 at Dal 10/2/11