- Drafted by the Detroit Lions in the seventh round (209th overall) of the 2011 NFL Draft.
COLLEGE Four-year starter at South Carolina State, slotted at left tackle his junior and senior year. Emerged as one of the most dominant linemen in school history playing in 47 games with 44 starts. Entered 2010 as one of the top offensive lineman in the country and was among the top blockers in the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference and the Football Championship Subdivision (FCS). Earned several post-season honors his senior year, including All-MEAC first team (third straight season), All-America: American Football Coaches Association (first team), Walter Camp (first team) and the Sports Network FCS (third team).
- In 2009, anchored the Bulldog offensive line at left tackle and helped SC State establish the most potent offense in the MEAC (365.9 yards per game).
- Earned first-team All-MEAC honors after garnering MEAC Offensive Lineman of the Week accolades three times and national recognition once in 2008.
- As a freshman, earned MEAC Rookie of the Week honors once and was named the Bulldogs' Top Newcomer on offense.
2010: Started in all 12 games played at left tackle. Earned preseason honors, including Sports Network FCS All-American, Box-to-Row/BASN All-American, Heritage Sports All-American and All-MEAC preseason first team.
2009: Was among the most dominant offensive linemen in the country in the Football Championship Subdivision (FCS) starting in all 12 games played. Was a first-team All-MEAC selection and the league's Offensive Lineman of the Year, the fourth such honor for Coach Buddy Pough's team. Also earned All-American honors by the Sheridan Broadcasting Network, Box-to-Row/BASN, Heritage Sports while garnering All-State accolades from the (Columbia, SC) State and Orangeburg Touchdown club. Also honored as the top player in the MEAC by the Washington Pigskin Club.
2008: Started all 12 games played, missing the season finale against North Carolina A&T with an injury.
2007: Started in 8 of 11 Bulldog games. Worked his way into the starting lineup and made his first start at left tackle during the fourth week of the season against Winston-Salem State.
- Played on both the offensive and defensive line in SC State's first-ever contest against intrastate rival, the University of South Carolina.
PERSONAL: Lettered in both football and wrestling at Monroe High School (Monroe, GA).
- Earned All-Region honors.
- State wrestling champion.
- Industrial Technology major at South Carolina State.
- Son of Vera and Wayne Culbreath.