- Drafted by the Houston Texans in the fourth round (112th overall) of the 2009 NFL Draft.
COLLEGE: Played in 36 career games with 34 starts while at New Mexico. Finished his career with 156 tackles, a school record 32 pass break-ups and seven interceptions.
- Earned consensus first team all-MWC honors in 2008 after being an Honorable Mention pick his first two years
- Named 2007 1st team all-MWC selection when he helped lead the Lobos pass defense to a No. 20 national ranking
- Graduated with a degree in Business Administration in December 2008.
PERSONAL: Attended North Pike High School in Summitt, Miss. where he was a four-year letterman in football and basketball and was the Jaguars’ team MVP in both sports as a senior.
- Totaled 2,552 rushing yards, 224 tackles and 13 interceptions in his prep career.
- Played for head coach Adam Barron and received the U.S. Army Scholar-Athlete Award.
PRO: Fifth-year safety that brings an experienced skill set to the Lions’ secondary. In four seasons with the Houston Texans, has played in 63 games (60 starts) and tallied 248 tackles (186 solo), five interceptions (134 yards), one sack, 47 pass defenses and three fumble recoveries.
- Career post-season statistics include 15 tackles (nine solo) and three pass defenses in four post-season games with Houston.
- Named AFC Defensive Player of the Week in 2010 (Week 12, 2010).
2012: Led the Texans with 64 total tackles (44 solo) in 2012, and also had one sack (eight yards), two interceptions, two forced fumbles and 13 pass defenses. Started at free safety in all 16 games. 2012-13 post-season totals include 15 tackles (nine solo) and three pass defenses.
- Had six tackles (five solo) and forced a fumble in the season opener vs. Miami (9.9).
- Recorded his first-career sack for an eight-yard loss vs. Tennessee (9/30). Also finished the game with six tackles (five solo).
- Picked off his first pass of the season in a win over Baltimore (10/21), finishing with five tackles (four solo) and three pass defenses.
- Returned an interception 22 yards and had four tackles (three solo) at Tennessee (12/2).
- Posted a season-high 3.5 tackles for loss in the Texans’ final home game vs. Minnesota (12/23).
- In the AFC Wild Card game vs. Cincinnati (1/5), recorded two solo tackles and three pass defenses in a win over the Bengals.
- Ended the season with five tackles (one solo) in the AFC Divisional game at New England (1/13).
2011: Ranked second on the team with 59 tackles (31 solo) one fumble recovery and nine pass defenses in his third year with the Texans.
- Made four tackles (two solo) and one pass defensed in the season opener vs. Indianapolis (9/11)
- Made four solo tackles and recovered a fumble at Miami (9/18)
- Tied for the team lead with eight tackles (six solo) at New Orleans (9/25)
- Made four tackles (two solo) and had two passes defensed vs. Oakland (10/9)
- Made seven tackles (six solo) and had one pass defensed at Jacksonville (11/27)
- Tied for the team lead with six tackles (four solo) and broke up two passes vs. Atlanta (12/4)
- Broke up pass and had five tackles (four solo) at Cincinnati (12/11) and vs. Carolina (12/18)
- Had five solo stops in the season finale vs. Tennessee (1/1/12)
- Started in his postseason debut and finished with five tackles (four solo) in AFC Wild Card playoff vs. Cincinnati (1/7/12)
- Recorded three tackles (two solo) in AFC Divisional playoff at Baltimore (1/15/12).
2010: Started at cornerback for all 16 games and made 71 tackles (57 solo) in his sophomore campaign, pulling in three interceptions, two fumble recoveries and one forced fumble.
- Made four tackles (three solo) and recovered a fumble vs. Indianapolis (9/12)
- Tied for the team lead with eight tackles (five solo) at Washington (9/19)
- Had two solo tackles and recovered a fumble vs. San Diego (11/7)
- Led the defense with 13 solo tackles, including one for a loss, and had one pass defensed at Jacksonville (11/14)
- Set a franchise record with three interceptions, his first three as a pro, while adding four tackles (three solo) and five passes defensed vs. Tennessee (11/28).
2009: Saw action in 15 games (12 starts) as a rookie and collected 54 tackles (44 solo) and had 11 pass defenses.
- Made his NFL debut vs. the New York Jets (9/13) as the nickel corner and recorded four tackles, including three solos, and had one tackle on special teams
- Made his first NFL start vs. Oakland (10/4) and responded with five tackles (four solo) including two tackles for a loss
- Made seven tackles (five solo) in Texans win at Buffalo (11/1)
- Made his sixth consecutive start at cornerback and made six solo tackles and had four passes defensed at Indianapolis (11/8)
- Made eight tackles (seven solo) including one for a loss vs. Seattle (12/13)
- Tied for the team lead with seven tackles (six solo) and had two passes defensed vs. New England (1/3/10).