PRO: Nine-year veteran who comes to Detroit after spending time with the Vikings, Jets, Browns and Jaguars. Has played in 99 games with 22 starts.
- Amassed 146 tackles (108 solo), 11.5 sacks, five forced fumbles, three fumble recoveries and five passes defensed.
2012: Saw his most productive season of his career in 2012, starting a career-high 13 games for the Jaguars and notching 45 tackles, 2.5 sacks, three fumble recoveries, one forced fumble, five tackles for loss and 11 quarterback pressures.
- Started in the season opener at Minnesota (9/9) and made seven tackles. Also recovered a QB Christian Ponder fumble in the third quarter.
- Recorded five solo tackles, including three tackles for loss vs. Houston (9/16).
- Finished his strong month of September vs. Cincinnati (9/30), picking up four tackles (one solo), one fumble recovery and one pass defense.
- Started at defensive tackle and made six tackles (five solo) with one tackle for loss vs. Chicago (10/7).
- Racked up a season-high seven tackles (two solo) vs. Indianapolis (11/8).
- Had his best game of the season at Houston (11/18), recording seven tackles (six solo), with one tackle for loss, two sacks and one forced fumble.
- Assisted on a sack on QB Tom Brady vs. New England (12/23).
2011: Appeared in 15 games with three starts and produced 24 tackles (14 solo), one sack, four tackles for loss, seven QB pressures and two forced fumbles.
- Posted six tackles (four solo) vs. Cincinnati (10/9).
- Recorded his only sack of the season and added six tackles and a forced fumble at Houston (10/30).
- Started his first game of the season at Cleveland (11/20) and recorded four tackles and one pass defense.
- Had a season-high eight tackles at Atlanta (12/15).
- Forced a fumble and had three solo tackles at Tennessee (12/24).
2010: In his first season with the Jaguars, appeared in eight games and had one tackle.
- Saw first action as a Jaguar vs. Houston (11/14).
- Had two tackles vs. Oakland (12/12).
- Season-high three tackles at Houston (1/2).
2009: Saw action in 12 games (one start) and finished the season with 18 tackles (13 solo).
- Made only start of the year vs. San Diego (12/6), but left the game in the first quarter with an ankle injury.
- Placed on Reserve/Injured on Dec. 7.
2008: Played in all 16 games for the first time in his career, making one start and finishing with 17 tackles (13 solo), two tackles for loss, 1.5 sacks and two pass defenses with the Jets.
- Split a sack on QB Trent Edwards at Buffalo (11/2).
- Recorded five tackles and one sack at New England (11/13).
2007: Played in 14 games with two starts at defensive tackle, tallying 15 tackles (10 solo), 2.5 sacks and two forced fumbles.
- Split a sack with Shaun Ellis on QB Ben Roethlisberger, one of seven Jets sacks on the day, vs. Pittsburgh (11/18).
- Sacked and forced a fumble on QB Tony Romo at Dallas (11/22).
- Posted two tackles and sacked QB John Beck for a nine-yard loss, forcing a fumble, at Miami (12/2).
- Made his first start of the season vs. Cleveland (12/9).
2006: In his first season with the Jets, appeared in six games and recorded seven tackles (six solo) and one sack.
- Made his Jets debut in the defensive line rotation at Jacksonville (10/8).
- Registered a sack on Vikings QB Brad Johnson in his first game against his old team (12/17).
2005: Played in 12 games with two starts as a rookie for Minnesota and totaled 19 tackles (15 solo), three sacks, one pass defense and one forced fumble.
- Had his breakout game vs. Cleveland (11/27), posting seven tackles (six solo), two sacks and a forced fumble on QB Trent Dilfer.
- Made his first career start at Detroit (12/4) and recorded three tackles and one sack on QB Jeff Garcia.
COLLEGE: Earned Associated Press All-Big 12 first-team honors as a senior at Missouri, finishing with 167 tackles (111 solo), 15.5 sacks and 38 tackles for loss in 36 games for his career.
- As a senior, finished the season with 6.5 sacks.
- Had 67 tackles (16 for loss) and ranked second on the team with six sacks as a junior. Named second-team All-Big 12.
- Played in all 12 games as a sophomore and registered 41 tackles (eight for loss) and three sacks.
- Majored in hotel and restaurant management.
PERSONAL: Attended Waynesville High School (Mo.) and named Missouri’s Defensive Lineman of the Year as a junior and senior.
- Career totals as a prep star include 21 sacks and 267 tackles.
- Finished third in the state in shot put in 2000.
- Father, Calvin Sr. is retired First Sergeant in the Army.
- Was born in Fort Knox, Ky. and has lived in Germany, California, Georgia, Kansas and Kentucky before settling in Missouri for high school.
- Visited patients at the Atlantic Health Hospital in New Jersey in 2007.
- Visited patients at the Bristol-Myers Squibb Children’s Hospital at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick, New Jersey in 2006.