2011: Part of strong tight end trio. Adds strong blocking presence and receiving skills.
- Has 6 catches for 42 yards on the year.
2010: Contributed as a back-up tight end and on special teams. Played in all 16 games and had 4 catches for 37 yards and 1 touchdown.
- Made first start of the season at Green Bay (10/3), and started vs. St. Louis (10/10), against Washington (10/31), at Buffalo (11/14), at Dallas (11/21) and against Chicago (12/5).
- Caught game-winning touchdown pass against Green Bay (12/12) on a 13-yard screen pass from QB Drew Stanton. Was his only catch of the game and first touchdown of the season.
2009: In Heller's first year with Detroit, he had 29 catches on the year for 296 yards (10.2 avg.), which both set career highs, and recorded three touchdown receptions (ties single-season career high).
- Started in a two-tight end set in season opener at New Orleans (9/13).
- Caught two passes for 30 yards, including a long of 24 vs. Washington (9/27).
- Recorded first touchdown of the season, and first since joining the Lions, on a 14-yard pass at Chicago (10/4).
- Made a career-high four receptions for 33 yards including an eight-yard touchdown at Minnesota (11/15).
- Caught two key passes including a one-yard touchdown and an 11-yard reception on third-and-10 to keep the Lions' game-winning drive alive vs. Cleveland (11/22).
- His 1-yard TD against the Browns is his third touchdown of the year, which ties his single-season career high.
2008: Played in 12 games and was inactive for four with a knee injury. Recorded four catches for 29 yards (7.3 avg.).
2007: Played in all 16 games with 6 starts and had a season-high three catches on two occasions (vs. St. Louis, 10/21 and vs. San Francisco, 11/12). Of his three catches vs. the Rams, two were for touchdowns, a career-high.
2006: Saw action in all 16 games, posting four catches for 32 yards and one touchdown, fourth career, and added four special teams tackles. During the season, saw time mostly in two tight end sets and played fullback at Denver (12/3) and in the Divisional Playoff Game at Chicago (1/14/07) in place of Mack Strong (stinger).
- Tied career-high with three catches vs. the New York Giants (9/24) and added a touchdown.
2005: Went to training camp with Tampa Bay but was released and signed with Miami. Spent the first seven games of the season with the Dolphins, recording one catch for the Dolphins, a one-yard score at Buffalo (10/9). Returned to Tampa Bay November 5 but was declared inactive the rest of the season.
2004: Played in 10 games with two starts before being placed on injured reserve December 15. Caugth 12 passes for 98 yards and one score on the season.
- Caught career-high three passes at St. Louis (10/18) for 21 yards including his second-career score.
2003: Played in nine games with one start. Tallied two catches for 15 yards and a score.
- First career start came at Washington (10/12) and also caught his first-career touchdown. Other reception was an 11-yarder at San Francisco (10/19).
COLLEGE: Played in 39 games with 10 starts at Georgia Tech. Had 17 career receptions for 185 yards (10.9 avg.) with one touchdown. Started seven of 11 games his senior year and was used primarily as a blocker with six catches for 49 yards.
- Earned All-DeKalb County honors at Marist High.
- played tight end, split end and defensive back.
- Also lettered in basketball. Majored in civil engineering.
HELLER'S SINGLE-GAME BESTS
- Receptions 3, 4 times, last vs. SF, 11/12/07
- Receiving Yards 28 vs. NYG, 9/24/06
- Longest Reception 25 at CAR, 12/16/07
- Receiving Touchdowns 2 vs. StL, 10/21/07