2011: Back-up safety and standout on special teams. Third in the league with 15 special teams tackles on the season, including at least 1 in 10 of the team’s 15 games.
- Register special teams tackle in first quarter in the team's 27-20 victory at Tampa Bay (9/11) as he saved a potential touchdown on a Buccaneer long kickoff return. Defense would not allow a first down and forced a field goal.
- Garnered two special teams tackles in the Lions 48-3 win over Kansas City (9/18) in the home opener.
- Started at strong safety vs. Chicago (10/10) and had three tackles in the Lions 24-13 win.
- Saw time at safety with injuries to Louis Delmas and Chris Harris and made 3 tackles at Oakland (12/18).
2010: Backup safety who led NFL in with 24 special teams tackles. Had a special teams tackles in 12 of 16 games. Played in all 16 games and also had 6 tackles (4 solo) on defense.
- 24 special teams tackles are the most by a Lions player dating back to 1994 (according to Stats, Inc.).
- One of only two NFL players in 2010 (Dolphins S Jonathon Amaya) to register 4 special teams tackles in two separate games.
- Recorded a team-best 3 special teams stops vs. Philadelphia (9/19).
- Tied a career-best 4 special teams tackles at Minnesota (9/26).
- Tied career-best 4 special team tackles against the New York Jets (11/7).
- Recorded career-high 6 tackles (4 solo), along with one special teams tackles at Tampa Bay (12/19), as he saw extensive action as free safety replacing S Louis Delmas (injury) in first half.
2009: Appeared in all 16 games, totaling a career-best 26 tackles and grabbing his first career interception.
- Got his first career interception against the New York Jets (10/16).
- Tallied a season-high 4 tackles (3 solo) against the New York Jets (12/3).
2008: Played in all 16 games, primarily on special teams, finishing with 13 special teams tackles.
2007: Played in 14 games, collecting 10 tackles on special teams.
COLLEGE: Started 37 of 47 games during his career at Wyoming, finishing 10th in school history with 259 tackles (151 solo).
- First-team All-MWC in 2006.
- Named second-team All-America by College Football in 2006.
- ESPN the Magazine Academic All-American in 2006.
PERSONAL: Attended Rock Springs (Wyo.) High School.
- Won the Class 5A State Championship and went undefeated his senior year.
- Named All-State as a senior at running back, defensive back, and as a return specialist.
- Won the State Championship his junior year in the long jump.
WENDLING'S SINGLE-GAME BESTS:
- Tackles: 6 at TB 12/19/10
- Interceptions: 1 at NYJ 10/16/09
- Pass Defenses: 1 at NYJ 10/16/09
- Fumble Recoveries: 1 vs. Mia 12/9/07
- Special Teams Tackles: 4 (3 times) Last vs. NYJ 11/7/10