Allen Park, Mich. - The Detroit Lions will host “Kids Day at Lions Camp” during their training camp practice today (Sunday, August 12) that will begin at 3 p.m. Sunday’s practice is open to the general public. Gates will open at 2 p.m. and access is on a first-come, first-serve basis.
In addition to watching the 2012 Detroit Lions prepare for the upcoming season at the team’s training facility in Allen Park, there will be additional festivities geared towards young Lions fans.
Among the activities and events tentatively scheduled are:
- Appearance by Roary, along with photo opportunities with the team’s mascot
- Special selection of an “All-Access Family”
- Kids Quarterback toss: one lucky kid will be selected to play catch with a Lions Quarterback before practice
- Face painting, including temporary tattoos and eye black, for the kids
- Lions interactive inflatables: the popular Quarterback Challenge and Lions Helmet Bounce
- Team’s autograph tent will be designated for Kids Only (12 years of age and under; Limited number).
- Free Lions mini footballs for the first 500 kids in attendance.
- Kids who sign up Sunday as new Detroit Lions Kids Club members will be entered into a drawing to win a Lions autographed football.
Tracking daily practice updates
Fans are encouraged to visit Detroitlions.com (http://www.detroitlions.com) for daily practice information, including weather updates, practice times and any changes to the team’s training camp schedule. Practice sessions at Allen Park are open for outdoor practices only and are subject to change. In the case of inclement weather, practice will be moved indoors and therefore closed to the public.
Parking, Entry and Fan Viewing Areas
Parking is available in select lots on Republic Drive and Fairlane Circle near the Lions Headquarters and Training Facility. Upon arrival, parking and security staff will be on hand to direct visitors to available parking. A free shuttle service will also be provided from designated parking lots.
Re-entry is not permitted and children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Personal belongings are subject to inspection upon entry and items not permitted into open practices include: professional cameras (lenses over five inches long and/or 50mm or above), any video camera, food, beverage, coolers, lawn chairs, blankets, umbrellas, backpacks or large bags.
All cell phones should be turned off or placed on silent or vibrating mode. The fan viewing area features: bleacher seating areas, additional standing areas and a shaded tent area. Concessions are also available.
Lions Pro Shop
The official team store, Lions Pro Shop, will be onsite for fans interested in purchasing Lions merchandise. Among the items include the official 2012 Detroit Lions Training Camp and Sideline apparel.
Autographs at Allen Park
Though autographs are not guaranteed, it is common for Lions’ players and coaches to meet fans following practice sessions.