Fastest To 3,000
- • On the first completion of the game (25 yards to WR
Ryan Broyles), QB Matthew Staffordpassed 3,000 yards in the season’s first 11 games for the second consecutive year. Passing for 3,000 yards in the first 11 games of a season is a franchise record, and Stafford is the only player in team history to accomplish this feat.
- • By reaching 3,000 yards, Stafford became the fourth quarterback in team history to throw for 3,000 yards in a season twice and the second (Jon Kitna, 2006-07) to do so in back-to-back seasons.
7,000 Receiving Yards
- • With a 20-yard reception during the Lions’ opening drive of the game, WR
Calvin Johnsonsurpassed 7,000 career receiving yards in 87 games. He is the second player in team history, along with WR Herman Moore, to reach 7,000 receiving yards. Moore holds the franchise record with 9,174 receiving yards.
- • He reached 7,000 career yards the fastest in team history at 87 games. Moore surpassed 7,000 career yards in 89 games.
- • Johnson became the fifth receiver in NFL history to register 7,000 career yards in 87 or fewer games. He joined four other players to accomplish this feat, including: WR Lance Alworth (72), WR Torry Holt (82), WR Randy Moss (83) and WR Jerry Rice (83).
20 Thanksgiving Day Games
- • Today’s game is the 20th Thanksgiving Day game of K
Jason Hanson’s 21-year career. He is now the first player in NFL history to play in 20 Thanksgiving Day games.
- • THanson has played more Thanksgiving Day games that any player in NFL history.